Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Ford Transit Connect is available in five unique trims:
- 2016 Ford Transit Connect XL Van – Starting at $22,675 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Transit Connect XLT Van – Starting at $24,200 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Transit Connect XLT Wagon – Starting at $24,825 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Transit Connect XL Wagon – Starting at $25,300 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Transit Connect Titanium Wagon – Starting at $29,300 MSRP
The Transit Connect is available with two wheelbases – the Short Wheel Base (SWB) version features a 104.8-inc wheelbase and an overall length of 173.9-inches The Long wheelbase version features a 120.6-inch wheelbase and is a total length of 189.7-inches. Both sizes come standard with convenient dual sliding side doors and the option for dual rear cargo doors with the convenience 180-degree swing-out for easy access to the rear area.
Depending on configuration and trim selected, drivers can choose from two efficient, responsive engines:
- 2.5L Duratec – Available on every trim level, the 2.5L DOHC inline 4-cylinder Duratec motor produces 169 hp and up to 171 lb.-ft. of torque. In EPA testing, this powerplant was able to return fuel efficiency of 20 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway.
- 1.6L EcoBoost – Available on all but the XL and Titanium Wagon trims, the 1.6L inline 4-cylinder EcoBoost engine generates 178 hp and up to 184 lb.-ft. of torque and achieved 22 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway fuel economy in EPA testing.
When properly equipped, the Transit Connect even has a towing capacity of as much as 2,000 pounds.
Interior Design and Features
The versatile 2016 Ford Transit Connect allows drivers to choose between a spacious van or a handy wagon with abundant features like:
- Large Volume – Capable of transporting as many as seven passengers with the Long Wheelbase option, or managing up to 149.0 cubic feet of cargo volume with the LWB Van trim, the drivers can expect up to 1,620 pounds of payload capacity from the Ford.
- Adaptive Interior – The Wagon offers 2- or 3-rows of seats, depending upon wheel base, with a convenient folding front passenger seat that can provide a writing platform or space for a laptop computer. For Van trim owners a plethora of aftermarket cargo management accessories are available to create the ideal workspace.
- Abundant Features – Options Like the SYNC system with MyFord technology allows drivers to connect a compatible smartphone to stream music and phone calls wirelessly, access satellite radio, take advantage of no-charge 911 service, activate the programmable MyKey system, and more.
Advanced Safety Features
The Transit Connect isn’t just a reliable workhorse, it’s designed with integrated safety features to ensure your security as well, including:
- Rearview Camera – An optional rearview camera system also makes it simple to connect to a trailer by giving drivers a clear view of the area directly behind the vehicle, and can be paired with the available Forward and Reverse Sensing system.
- Driver-Assist Features – The available BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-traffic Alert helps drivers to avoid vehicles they may not otherwise be able to see by providing audible and visual alerts when it detects obstacles approaching.
- Improved Visibility – The available Quickclear electric windshield defroster and rain-sensing front wipers help to keep the windshield effortlessly clear so that the road is the only thing you have to worry about.
2016 Ford Transit Connect Reviews
The efficient, practical Ford Transit Connect is making waves with consumers and, with reviews like these, it’s easy to see why:
- Kelley Blue Book – “With a low-to-mid $20,000 starting price and fuel economy that reaches 30 mpg on the highway, the 2016 Ford Transit Connect van and wagon are appealing to both businesses and families watching their budgets.”
- Edmunds – “It can seat five or seven, depending on which wheelbase you select, and headroom and legroom are plentiful, even for adults.”
- The Car Connection – “The 2016 Ford Transit Connect eschews the ungainly mass and size of traditional commercial vans, while the nimble, appealing Wagon that will remind some of when minivans weren’t so big and bloated.”
- True Car – “The gauge cluster is simple and straightforward, with analog gauges and a small screen that displays the odometer and trip computer information. Controls in the center stack are easy to quickly read and understand how to use.”
See the 2016 Ford Transit Connect in Action Near Danville and Indianapolis
To see what the 2016 Ford Transit Connect can do for you contact Andy Mohr Ford at (855) 735-8720. To schedule a Danville or Indianapolis test-drive, visit us at 2713 E. Main Street in Plainfield, IN.