2017 Ford Explorer Base
Get it now for Starting at $229/month
2017 Ford Explorer
The dynamic 2017 Ford Explorer provides Plainfield and Greenwood drivers with plenty of power, convenience, and safety features to keep even the pickiest passengers happy. See why the staff at Andy Mohr Ford loves this capable SUV, then stop by and get your hands on one of your own.Find Your New Explorer Secure this offer
Trims and Pricing
Ford offers five customizable trims for drivers to choose from:
- 2017 Ford Explorer: Starting at $31,160 MSRP
- 2017 Ford Explorer XLT: Starting at $33,625 MSRP
- 2017 Ford Explorer Limited: Starting at $41,525 MSRP
- 2017 Ford Explorer Sport: Starting at $45,205 MSRP
- 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum: Starting at $53,235 MSRP
There are three powerplants for drivers to choose from, depending on the trim and options selected:
- 4-Cylinder: The 2.3L EcoBoost inline turbocharged 4-cylinder engine generates 280 hp and 310 lb.-ft. of peak torque. This motor was able to deliver up to 19 mpg/city and 27 mpg/highway fuel economy in EPA testing.
- 6-Cylinder: A step up from the I4 engine is the 3.5L naturally aspirated V6 motor which made 290 hp and 255 lb.-ft. of torque and as much as 17 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway fuel economy in recent testing.
- EcoBoost V6: For the most potential power, Ford offers a 3.5L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine. This powerplant was able to create as much as 365 hp and up to 350 lb.-ft. of torque.
The I4 and V6 engines are available with FWD or 4WD drivetrains, while the EcoBoost V6 is paired exclusively with the Intelligent 4WD system. All three engines are mated to the 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. Properly equipped, the Explorer can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
The stylish, sporty 2017 Ford Explorer provides an iconic ride with all the modern touches today's drivers demand. Options like automatic high-beams, LED signature lighting and taillamps, heated power-folding mirrors with integrated turn signals, and rain-sensing wipers no only add panache, they enhance poor weather visibility as well. Other optional features like the motion-activated power liftgate offer easy access to the rear cargo area for loading and unloading of parcels and gear.
Interior Features and Design
Inside, the 2017 Ford Explorer has plenty of comfort, convenience, and technology to make the daily ride more exciting:
- Comfort: Options like 10-way power-adjustable heated and cooled driver's seats, available second-row captain's chairs, multicontour seats with Active Motion, dual-zone climate control, and more features make the customizable Explorer everything you need it to be.
- Convenience: Not only do drivers have access to standard features like power windows, doors, and multifunction steering wheel, but also options like Adaptive Cruise Control, Intelligent Access with pushbutton start, MyKey Technology, remote start, and more.
- Technology: The new SYNC3 infotainment system delivers intuitive control of the audio and optional navigation system through a responsive in-dash touchscreen interface or voice recognition. iPhone users can also take advantage of the Siri Eyes Free system for calling, texting, and access to onboard apps.
Advanced Safety Technology
The Explorer tackles the road and keeps drivers safe, with a long list of standard and available safety features that include:
- Driver Assist: In addition to an available rearview camera system, Ford offers a front 180-degree camera and forward sensing system that helps drivers the hidden area in the front of the vehicle. Other features like Active Park Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, and Reverse Sensing System help the driver to avoid obstacles.
- Passenger Protection: A suite of advanced airbags and high-strength steel-reinforced safety cage protects occupants, while the SOS post-crash alert system can notify emergency services should the SUV be in an accident that causes the airbags to deploy.
- Traction Control: The AdvanceTrac system with Roll Stability Control sends extra power to wheel that slip to prevent loss of traction and to help better maintain the road during challenging driving conditions.
2017 Ford Explorer Reviews
The experts are thrilled with the 2017 Ford Explorer, as these stellar reviews clearly demonstrate:
- The Car Connection: "You can have an Explorer just about any way you'd like it, which means it's a 9 for features."
- Car and Driver: "While the Explorer offers a quiet cabin and a solid ride, it somehow feels larger than it is."
- Kelley Blue Book: "When it comes to horsepower, Ford's 7-passenger Explorer SUV for 2017 delivers at every level."
- Edmunds: "After significant updates for 2016 and some nice additions for 2017, the Explorer is once again at the top of the class with its sharp styling, high-tech features, a comfortable ride and plenty of passenger space."
Get Your Family Moving with a 2017 Ford Explorer from the Plainfield and Greenwood SUV Authority
To learn more about the 2017 Ford Explorer now available near Plainfield and Greenwood, contact Andy Mohr Ford at 855-735-8720 or visit our showroom at 2713 E. Main Street in Plainfield, IN.Contact Us