2018 Ford Escape S
Get it Now Starting at $199/month
2017 Ford Escape
We’ve got the 2017 Ford Escape in stock here at Andy Mohr Ford, the premier Ford dealership serving the Indianapolis and Greenwood area. The Ford Escape has received some upgrades to keep it ahead of the increasingly stiff competition in the small crossover segment. If you’re shopping for this kind of vehicle, read on for more details, then stop by our dealership to take a closer look at the Escape.Find Your New Escape Secure your price
Trims and Pricing
The Escape is available in a wide variety of trim levels. It starts in the most basic S, which packs plenty of value, and ends with the downright luxurious Titanium trim:
- The 2017 Ford Escape S: $23,600 MSRP
- The 2017 Ford Escape SE: $25,100 MSRP
- The 2017 Ford Escape Titanium: $29,100 MSRP
- The Escape S starts at $23,600 MSRP, and includes features like the SYNC voice recognition and entertainment system, LED tail lamps, and the base 2.5L four-cylinder engine.
- The Escape SE starts at $25,100 MSRP, and upgrades to a 1.5L EcoBoost turbocharged engine, a dual zone automatic climate control system, and more.
- The Escape Titanium starts at $29,100 MSRP and can be had with a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine for more power. It also gets an premium Sony audio system, a remote start feature, a 10-way power adjustable driver seat, and the Intelligent Access system with push-button start.
Outside, the Escape sports rugged good looks. It looks just as comfortable traversing off-road terrain as urban settings, and features like Curve Control and Torque Vectoring make the Escape handle exceptionally well in all conditions. For 2017, it gets some key aesthetic changes outside, which include sleek new sideview mirrors, refreshed wheel designs, and some new lighting pieces, including available halogen projector beam headlamps, and LED signature lighting. For even more style, consider upgrading to the Sport Appearance package, which adds features like 19-inch black painted wheels, gloss black accent pieces, chrome grille surrounds, revised front and rear fascia, black roof rails, and more.Learn More
Performance and Powertrain
The Ford Escape offers three different engines. Each offers impressive power and efficiency, and all get a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission:
- The base 2.5L four-cylinder engine generates 168 hp and 170 lb.-ft. of torque. With front wheel drive, this engine nets an EPA estimate of 21 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway, yielding 24 mpg/combined.
- The available EcoBoost 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 178 hp and 177 lb.-ft. of torque. With front wheel drive this engine yields up to 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway/26 mpg combined, while all-wheel drive is close behind with 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway/24 mpg combined.
- The EcoBoost 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine is the most powerful with 245 hp and 275 lb.-ft. of torque, but it’s still nearly as efficient as the 1.5L, earning up to 22 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway when properly equipped.
Interior Features and Design
Every Ford Escape comes with a long list of upscale features. Some standard equipment highlights include:
- Cruise Control
- Air Conditioning
- Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- SYNC Infotainment System
- 4.2-inch central display
- Six Speaker Sound System
- CD Player
- USB Port
- 60/40 Split and Folding Rear Seats
There are also plenty of upscale options that you can choose, either as standard equipment of higher level trims or as options on the base trims. Heated seats, leather upholstery, remote engine start, larger touchscreen interface, ambient lighting, driver memory features, and more are all available for drivers who want to opt for a little extra.Learn More
Safety and Security
Every Ford Escape comes standard with some important safety features to protect you and your family. Each model comes with the required stability and traction control, as well as antilock brakes. Every Escape also gets front-seat side airbags, front airbags, driver knee airbag, and full length side curtain airbags. It also includes a rearview camera for ease and safety of parking and reversing, and a blind spot mirror to help you see vehicles in your blind spot.
But that’s not all the Escape gets. It can also be had with advanced safety features including:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with a blind spot warning feature is offered to help avoid collisions.
- A Rear Cross Traffic Alert feature helps prevent collisions caused by traffic in the road when you’re reversing.
- A Lane Departure Warning and prevention system is offered in order to stop you from accidentally changing lanes when it is unsafe to do so.
- Forward Collision Alert can warn you if there’s an obstacle or hazard in the road and you’re approaching too fast.
- Ford MyKey Parental Controls offer some peace of mind and control over teen drivers with speed limits and electronic parameters.
2017 Ford Escape Reviews
Automotive critics have plenty to say about what the 2017 Ford Escape has to offer:
- Autoweek: "As Ford admitted at the start, there are 21 small SUV models for the Escape to compete against. To stay on top means unloading the kitchen sink, and Ford has certainly done that. Neat technology is what people want nowadays, true, but they also want a responsive ride with a comfortable, practical interior. The Escape has all of the above."
- Kelley Blue Book: "The updated 2017 Ford Escape heads to dealerships next month boasting a mid-cycle refresh that gives this popular compact crossover SUV a bolder exterior and more user-friendly interior plus a pair of new EcoBoost engines and advanced tech touches."
- CNET Road Show: "Major changes to chassis and sheet metal used to signal a new generation of a particular model, but Ford’s 2017 Escape feels like a whole new car with just engine and tech changes. Much of its structure carries over from the previous model year, but redesigns for grille and interior, engine upgrades, driver assistance systems and new connected technology adds up to more than a simple refreshed model."
See Firsthand What the 2017 Ford Escape Can Offer Your Indianapolis or Greenwood Commute
If you’d like to find out more about the 2017 Ford Escape, then we invite you to visit Andy Mohr Ford. We’re located at 2713 E. Main Street in Plainfield, IN, and we’re happy to serve the Indianapolis and Greenwood areas, so stop by today or contact us online or over the phone at with any questions about the Escape or any other current Ford model.Contact Us