2016 Ford Explorer
Get it now for Starting at $31,050
2016 Ford Explorer
The 2016 Ford Explorer has arrived on the streets of Greenwood and Brownsburg, and all five trim levels are available now at Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield, IN. Whether you are in need of a powerful work SUV or a spacious family vehicle, the Explorer does the trick, featuring some of the latest in auto technology under the hood and in the cabin. With seating for up to eight and over 80 cubic feet of cargo space available, there isn't much that this SUV can't do.Find Your New Explorer Secure this offer
Trims and Pricing
Ford ensures there is a 2016 Ford Explorer for nearly any of our Brownsburg and Greenwood drivers by providing five different trim options at prices that can easily fit into the family budget. With even the basic Explorer besting many competing SUVs on features and the Platinum trim level representing the height of luxury, we think it's only a matter of which Explorer is right for you:
- 2016 Explorer: $31,050
- 2016 Explorer XLT: $33,400
- 2016 Explorer Limited: $41,300
- 2016 Explorer Sport: $43,500
- 2016 Explorer Platinum: $52,970
Drivers have three different engines to choose from to build the 2016 Ford Explorer that fits their needs:
- 3.5L V6: The standard 3.5L V6 engine is rated at 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque. This earns the Explorer as much as an EPA-estimated 25 highway mpg.
- Turbocharged 3.5L V6: Upgrading to the turbocharged model brings the output up to 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. EPA-estimates on the fuel economy come in at 22 mpg highway.
- 2.3L 4-Cylinder: This turbocharged engine is an available upgrade on the base, XLT, and Limited trim levels and is rated at 270 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque, earning 28 mpg highway.
Both of the V6 engines can tow as much as 5,000 pounds while the four-cylinder engine can handle as much as 3,000 pounds of towing. Sport and Platinum trims feature all-wheel drive as standard, while each of these engines has it as an option on the lower trim levels.
You may not notice the differences between the 2016 Ford Explorer and the outgoing model until you put them side-by-side, but Ford has made quite a few updates to the exterior. A new grille and redesigned headlamps will probably be the first things you notice, followed by a fresh set of taillamps, new fasciae, and new exhaust tips. Add on the five different wheel designs and three new exterior colors, and it's clear that Ford has redoubled their efforts to make an SUV that's as stylish as it is powerful and capable.
Interior Features and Design
The 2016 Ford Explorer interior features a modern design with a sculpted dash that seamlessly integrates its touchscreen with its controls and soft touch materials. Advanced features let you stay connected while on the road, and premium upgrades transform the cabin of the Explorer into a truly luxurious ride.
- Multi-Contour Front Seats: These comfortable front seats are designed to reduce fatigue for the driver and front passenger, with available lumbar massage to increase blood flow and relieve stress.
- SYNC: Ford's SYNC technology lets you stream music, make a handsfree phone calls, or use voice controls for your entertainment features. Automatic phone book download even lets you call regular contacts without ever bringing out your phone.
- MyFord Touch: When upgrading the Ford SYNC, MyFord Touch adds on a touchscreen interface with available navigation. Manage the entertainment settings or use familiar apps with just a few taps of the touchscreen.
- Premium Sound System: This 12-speaker sound system with subwoofer and 14-channel amplifier is new on the Platinum trim level and features Clear Phase audio as well as Live Acoustics technology for enhanced sound on the road.
Advanced Safety Technology
In addition to the standards like traction control, stability control, front and side-curtain airbags, and a front passenger knee airbag, the Explorer has a variety of high-tech features available to help prevent an accident, including:
- Front 180-Degree Camera: An available front camera combines with the standard rearview camera to give you a full look at what's around the Explorer, letting you see around obstacles and make it easier to pull out of tight alleyways or parking spots.
- Parking Sensors: Available ultrasonic parking sensors can alert you to vehicles and objects in your path, with audible tones increasing in frequency as you near the object or car.
- Lane Keeping Assistance: Lane keeping alert and aid can monitor where you are in the lane and gently apply torque to the steering and provide a vibration alert if it notices you drifting.
2016 Ford Explorer Reviews
We think the world of this Ford SUV, but we want you to know that we are not alone. The critics have weighed in with their 2016 Ford Explorer reviews, and here are a few noteworthy highlights.
- Left Lane News: "Power from the new 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder engine showed a sense of brawn that makes it clear that this little four-banger doesn't realize it's not a V6. We never felt underpowered along the routes, whether climbing mountain grades or accelerating to high-speed on the expressways."
- Cars.com: "Ford largely nailed the updates here just by listening to consumer complaints and bringing back buttons to allow for adjustment of climate controls and so forth. What used to be a panel of touch-sensitive lines now has real buttons and knobs that mean you can actually have confidence that you have, in fact, turned on your cooled seat and not just left fingerprints on your dash."
- Kelley Blue Book: "If you want real oomph, then the Explorer Sport and new Explorer Platinum offer a twin-turbocharged version of the V6 with 365 horsepower. However, the new 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine that's available in base, XLT and Limited models caught our attention."
- The Car Connection: "The 2016 Ford Explorer doesn't need to rely on its hardcore off-road tools-not with its firm road manners, plush interiors, and choice of turbocharged power."
Test Drive an Explorer Today!
We hope we've given you an appetite for a new SUV. If you want to test drive the 2016 Ford Explorer near Greenwood or Brownsburg, visit Andy Mohr Ford at 2713 E. Main Street in Plainfield, IN. Contact us online or by phone at (855) 822-2321 to schedule your visit today.Contact Us