Ford Certified Pre-Owned Benefits
Peace of mind comes with the 172-point inspection, 24-hour roadside assistance, vehicle history report, powertrain limited warranty and comprehensive limited warranty coverage.
If a vehicle doesn’t meet our strict criteria, we won’t certify it. It’s that simple. During the rigorous process of certifying a pre-owned vehicle the following checks and inspections are performed: vehicle history, road test, exterior, interior, diagnostics, underhood, hybrid, underbody and convenience.
Any item(s) that did not pass our 172-point inspection have been replaced or repaired.
Every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with peace-of-mind warranty coverage. Our comprehensive limited warranty covers more than 500 components for 12 months, 12,000 miles.* Plus, our fully transferable powertrain limited warranty covers you for 7 years/100,000 miles.*
24-HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Wherever you roam, we’ve got you covered with our roadside assistance program. Complimentary roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Customers may dial (800) 241-3673.
Available services include:
- Towing assistance of up to $100 for warranty and non-warranty problems, including accidents (excludes impound and repossession)
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500, for up to 3 days lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Destination expense assistance of up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $30 per day for up to 5 days
- Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of fuel — up to 2 gallons at no charge
- Flat-tire changes on site
- Jump starts for dead batteries
- Lockout assistance of up to $50 to unlock vehicle doors
- Service throughout the 50 United States and Canada
VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT
Not every vehicle can make the cut as a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. To even be considered for certification, each Ford must be less than 6 model years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer. After a vehicle has been determined as eligible in terms of age and mileage, an independent third-party vehicle history report is run to identify any vehicle that does not meet our strict standards. The report is run as part of our 172-point inspection process, and it includes checks for:
- Flood vehicles
- Fire damage
- Frame damage
- Salvage vehicles
- Branded title
- Odometer issues
- Accident history
- Vehicle title history
In addition, you can view the actual Vehicle History Report for a specific vehicle by simply searching our current inventory now.
COST OF OWNERSHIP
Let’s say you find a “deal” in the paper on a used car model you’ve had your eye on. One with a price too good to pass up; so instead of getting a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, you buy something else. But did this vehicle include a rigorous 172-point inspection? A vehicle history? Comprehensive and powertrain limited warranties? 24-hour roadside assistance and other benefits? It doesn’t take long for non-covered repairs and other expenses to eat away whatever money you saved. When it comes to long-term total cost of ownership, Ford CPO vehicles might well end up costing you less. Maybe a lot less. And it’s hard to put a price on the peace of mind that comes with driving a vehicle inspected and backed by Ford.
Ford CPO vs. Other Brands’ Programs
Unlike our competitors, the Ford CPO program aims to provide customers with the best possible value at a competitive price. With a comprehensive vehicle inspection, two limited warranties, and roadside protection, it’s no wonder Ford certified pre-owned cars and trucks are the premier choice for shoppers on a budget. Here’s how the Ford CPO program stacks up against other manufacturers:
- Ford vs. Volkswagen: When Ford performs a vehicle inspection on their certified pre-owned models, they make sure to cover 172 mechanical and appearance points for the utmost in quality assurance. Volkswagen CPO models only receive a 112-point inspection, which isn’t nearly as extensive.
- Ford vs. Mazda: Every Ford CPO vehicle comes with a 7-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty that protects all major engine components. Unfortunately for Mazda CPO models, they do not come with a limited powertrain warranty.
- Ford vs. Chevrolet: Both Ford and Chevy offer 24-hour roadside assistance with their CPO vehicles. However, only Ford comes with trip interruption protection and rental car reimbursement for up to $28 a day.
Certified Pre-Owned Advantages
While it’s clear that Ford certified pre-owned vehicles provide customers with more benefits over the competition, it’s plain to see what makes these models so desirable. For starters, a CPO Ford must be no older than 6 years and have no more than 80,000 miles on the odometer. They also come with the following benefits at no extra cost:
- A 12-month/12,000-mile comprehensive warranty that is transferable.
- A comprehensive vehicle history report.
- A $100 deductible.