2016 Ford Taurus
Get it now for Starting at $27,110
2016 Ford Taurus
The 2016 Ford Taurus is waiting for Greenwood and Brownsburg drivers right here at Andy Mohr Ford, and we know that many of you have already been won over by the family-friendly sedan. From its basic SE trim level all the way to its sport-tuned and luxurious SHO model, the Taurus is ready to fit the needs of nearly any driver, whether you want an affordable family sedan, a luxury-grade car without the luxury-grade pricing, or something in between.Find Your New Taurus Secure this offer
Trims and Pricing
Unlike some of its competitors, the 2016 Ford Taurus has just four trim levels, giving drivers a wide range of amenities on each one. Pricing remains affordable whether you drive the top-of-the-line SHO or the entry-level SE:
- 2016 Ford Taurus SE: $299/month MSRP
- 2016 Ford Taurus SEL: $29,915 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Taurus Limited: $34,835 MSRP
- 2016 Ford Taurus SHO: $40,650 MSRP
The Taurus is one of the last few large sedans on the market, but its sleek curves make it feel like it's just a hair above the Ford Focus in size. Sculpted with aerodynamics to cut through the air and turn the head, the Taurus manages to carefully straddle the line between practical family sedan and a throwback to the class and elegance drivers expected of sedans of the past.
You'll want to sit down for our discussion of the three engines available on the Taurus. Yes, three engines. Some competing sedans don't even let you choose from more than one, but few offer more than two. The Taurus has a powertrain to fit the personality of its driver:
- The standard 3.5L V6 engine kicks out 288 hp and 254 lb.-ft. of torque – high numbers for a family sedan – while earning up to 29 mpg/highway.
- The mid-range 2.0L turbocharged engine is rated at 240 hp and 270 lb.-ft. of torque, trading a bit of power for efficiency by earning an EPA-estimated 32 mpg/highway.
- The Taurus SHO is special, featuring a turbocharged 3.5L V6 engine with 365 hp and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, sporting paddle shifters for added control and earning 25 mpg/highway.
Both of the turbocharged engines come standard with all-wheel drive, and it's available for upgrade on the SEL and Limited trim levels with the standard V6.
Interior Design and Features
It's got good looks outside and has a trio of powerful and efficient engine options available, but don't worry; Ford put the same attention and care into designing the lush interior of the Taurus. Soft-touch materials and a twin-cowl dash give the sedan the look and feel of cars in a higher price bracket, reminding you that class doesn't have to cost extra if you drive a Ford. High-tech features like these help make the Taurus one of the most competitive cars in its class:
- Ford SYNC 3: The Ford SYNC system connects you to your vehicle in exciting new ways, and the SYNC 3 is the latest iteration. Found on SEL and higher trim levels, this infotainment system customizes its screen settings to your needs instead of cluttering it with buttons like many competing systems do, and it responds to voice commands.
- Intelligent Access: This available feature lets the Taurus know when your key fob is nearby so that you won't ever have to fish for your keys when running late or in the pouring rain. Just approach the door and open – the car starts with the push of a button, too.
- Navigation: The available navigation system makes use of SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link to route you to where you need to be as quickly as possible for a stress-free road trip or commute.
Advanced Safety Technology
In addition to safety standards like seat belts and airbags, the 2016 Ford Taurus brings advanced safety features to Brownsburg and Greenwood drivers, including some that can actually help prevent an accident before it happens:
- Rearview Camera: Shift into reverse and enjoy a clear view of what's behind your car before backing up with the standard rearview camera.
- Lane Keeping System: The available lane keeping alert warns you if it senses that you are going to drift from the lane, and the system even gives your vehicle a nudge to keep it in its lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: The available adaptive cruise control system monitors the vehicles around you and adjusts your speed to better keep pace when cruising.
2016 Ford Taurus Reviews
We have been fans of the Taurus for years now, and the 2016 model just reminds us of what has made it a family favorite among Indiana drivers. Here are a few of our 2016 Ford Taurus reviews from experts:
- Left Lane News: "The Taurus SHO is the quickest, best-handling and most technology-packed member of Ford's full-size Taurus sedan family. It boasts a 365-horsepower twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 along with a sure-footed all-wheel-drive system and loads of luxury features."
- Edmunds: "The 2016 Ford Taurus' cabin is gracefully designed, featuring a twin-cowl dash and a sweeping center stack that joins with the center console."
- Consumer Guide: "The trunk is wide and deep, with an opening large enough to accommodate fairly substantial cargo."
- The Car Connection: "The Ford Taurus is the brand's flagship sedan, offering comfort and technology in a full-size sedan … it was the car that saved Ford from ruin in the 1980s."
Test Drive a Taurus
The 2016 Ford Taurus is available for Brownsburg and Greenwood drivers now at Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield. Contact us online or by phone at 855-735-8720 to set up a test drive of this famous family sedan, or feel free to drop by our dealership six days a week at your convenience. You can find us at 2713 E Main Street in Plainfield.Contact Us